Thursday, December 15, 2011

Massive Update

Starting tomorrow afternoon (Friday 12/16) I will finally be free and have the time to work on Mineshafter Squared again and upgrade the Official Server.  Below are the list of changes I will start to work on.  When each point and feature will be finished or what order is a different story.

All lists in Priority Order.

Official Server:
- Upgrade to Bukkit 1.0.0-R1 (as long as the terrain generation bug is fixed)

- Minimize the amount of plugins being used.

- Move to new worlds.  (Hopefully last time for a while).  There will be only 2 worlds. One survival, one creative.  Old maps will be up for download. You can either export your buildings via MCEdit if you want them to be in creative world, or you can use MCEdit to tell me their coordinates. (In game coordinates and MCEdit coordinates are not always the same, so I need the MCEdit coordinates) if you want your structures to be in survival.

Mineshafter Squared Website
- Redesign using new technology.  I will be redoing the entire website front end and back end.  the back end will be much more efficient, the front end will become much faster and better looking.  This might take a few weeks to do, but is going to be my main focus.

- Server lists.  The site redesign will include server lists.  I need to redesign everything to make room for the server lists feature anyway so this will be heavily integrated into the new design.

- New forums.  I am either going to integrate an existing forum tool into the new design, or I will make my own basic forum for the site.  Either way I want everyone to be able to use their Minecraft logins to access the forums.

MineshafterSquared Proxies
- New faster proxies.  The client proxy will boot faster, without a splash.  This is due greatly to the work of Download13 who has updated the original Proxy which I have already integrated into my proxy.  There are just a few bugs to work out before I feel comfortable releasing it officially.

- The Server proxy will have a lot of new features.  Automatic server backup, automatic server list setup, advanced management features that allow you to admin and manage your server through the Mineshafter Squared website.  All of these features will be opt-in meaning they are all off and you have to specifically turn them each on separately.

There are plenty of other things I will be adding, changing updating, but these are the major ones.  Just a heads up as to what I will be working on.  Again I am not sure when these features will be completed, but I will have a lot of free time over the next 30 days so I will see what I can get to in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment