Monday, November 28, 2011

Official Server is Back Up!

Sorry about that downtime but I got the server back up and running, although it is still on 1.8.1. If you have upgraded by accident you can read below on how to roll back to 1.8.1.  I will upgrade the server to 1.0.0 once Bukkit has a recommended build available (hopefully any day now).  If you have any comments, concerns, complaints.  Let me know in the comments.

How to rollback to 1.8.1
Windows-Only:
1. Open up the .minecraft folder in appdata (on vista and 7: open up the start menu and type 'run' then press enter.  Type %appdata% and press enter.  There you should see a .minecraft folder)
2. Go into the .minecraft folder and right click on the bin folder.  Click on properties.
3. Go to the Previous Versions tab.
4. Find a version of the folder that existed before you upgraded to 1.0.0.
5. Click Restore.
6. Start Mineshafter Squared and refuse the upgrade option.

4 comments:

  1. how bout' win xp? i can't seems to find the Previous vers. tab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Previous Versions is a feature of Vista and 7 only I believe. You can try Googling for the bin folders of 1.8.1 and replace it that way. I am a little hesitant with putting up a download myself since that breaks Mojang's "Do Not Distribute" clause. I really do not want something as small as that to be the reason the site gets shut down. If you really cannot find one at all let me know and I might put up a download that is not affiliated with this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to connect but it says the connection was refused. I'm on Minecraft 1.8.1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that, earlier today I shut then the server and forgot to boot it back up. Its up again.

    ReplyDelete