Friday, November 18, 2011

Minecraft 1.0.0 is Out!

Well the day I could not wait for and half feared has come and gone.  Minecraft is officially out with version number 1.0.0.  No need to worry Mineshafter Squared is already up to date.  No need to re download anything, You should get a popup about updating to the new version and that's all you have to do. :)

I was afraid that Mojang was going to crack down and crush services like mine when the game was officially launched, but the fear was misplaced as they did not change a thing in how the game authenticates.

13 comments:

  1. It will always restart the update when the update reaches 18%

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the game asks you if you want to upgrade you select yes. Then wait. I am sure everyone is hitting the servers right now so it might take a bit to update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine has updated but it wont let me play when i get to the game menue it says 1.0.0 and i try to play then it stops working or it exits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is wat happend i updated to 1.0.0 then im at the menu.clicked the muiltiplayer server the i waited and it said Failed to connect to the server Connection timed out: connect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im still getting "Fatal error occured (4): failed to download lwjgl.jar"

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the multiplayer server, if you are trying to connect to the "Official Game Server" it is currently down. I will make a notice when it is back up. As for the failed download, the way Mineshafter Squared works is it deletes the old game files and lets the client download the new ones normally. So if you are getting errors, there is nothing Mineshafter Squared can do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The error didn't happen to me. However, I would suggest that the ones who were receiving errors should check their Firewall or security settings.

    That's all from me :)
    nicholas8912 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i got an error massage from java what so i do

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why can't we join your server anymore I can't even connect?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My server is currently down. I am working on getting it back up but I ran into some issues. Once my semester is over in a few weeks Ill be able to make a backup plugin so this never happens again.

    ReplyDelete