Friday, November 4, 2011

How do you want server list implemented?

I am going to begin working on the server list this weekend.  In order to grab the current number of users on your server and check to see if it is online among other things, it would be easiest for me to write a bukkit plugin.  My question to you is this.  How many servers using MineshafterSquared already use bukkit? And if your server does not use it, would you be opposed to use it just to get on the server list?


Without the bukkit plugin I can check to see if the server is online... and that is about it.  With the plugin it will be easy to grab the number of users and other data that you want to display in the server list.  Should the bukkit plugin be required? Or just an option to get those advanced features but not required to be on the server list?

Please make your voice heard, I do care how it is implemented, I only care that it is implemented in a way that is easiest for you guys and will cause the least amount of problems.  If you have any suggestions about a different way to implement it please voice them too.

One last note.  If you absolutely do not want to have to use bukkit but still want to be able to display how many users are currently online and if the server is full or not. Please let me know.  I think it might be possible, it is just proving to be tough to figure out.  If enough people want that, I will make sure you do not need the plugin.  (Really I don't want to require people to use bukkit but if most already are / are okay with it it would cut the development time down).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great!

    I think allowing only the ones with the plugin for the advanced options would be the best(and easiest) approach to this.

    I think the majority of servers run bukkit anyways these days.

    ReplyDelete