Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Backup Utility

So it seems that my game server is having issues.  Just to be clear I am talking about my Game Server NOT the Authentication Server.  The Auth server has never had an issue, and will continue to work problem free! :)

While I have been trying to hunt down the cause of the game server problems, I have realized that I want to write a bakup utility for a Minecraft Server.  Since I already have a program that runs a Minecraft Server, I will build it into MineshafterSquared.  It will be optional and will be off by default.  I will introduce a MineshafterSquared properties file that will have the configuration needed to turn the backup on and off, set the interval for backups and the location to store them.

If there are any other features you would like to see in a Minecraft Server backup utility, please let me know.  I am going to slowly build more features into the MineshafterSquared server software (all of it will be optional and off by default) to try to make MineshafterSquared more than just an authentication measure.  As always you can respond to this posting, post in the forums or email me a ryan@kayoticlabs.com.  I want to hear your feedback about this utility idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment